Under the supervision/guidance from Journeyman Electricians, Apprentices are involved with the following tasks:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications.
- Plan layout and illustration of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes.
- Install, alter, repair and maintain various electrical systems and related equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and to ensure compliance with code.
- May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.
- QA/QC documentation.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
- Identify components and mount nameplates and other identification tools according to wiring diagrams.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Comply with standards and procedures of the Iconic Power Systems Health & Safety Manual and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Registered with apprenticeship board in the electrical trade (1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a construction or industrial environment
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities
- Good communication and reading skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel
- Safety tickets an asset (i.e. CSTS, First Aid, H2S Alive, Fall Arrest and Aerial Platform)
- Must know how to properly use basic tools such as power saws and drills
- Must have a knowledge of and ability to interpret the Canadian Electric Code
- Must be proficient in fundamentals of lockout/tagout
- Must have basic knowledge of industrial controls
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org